This is a super easy little dessert I dreamed up today. I love bananas and caramel and its a quick take on banana fritters without the fuss. I always have a squeeze bottle of home-made caramel sauce in the fridge for desserts. The sauce is a breeze to make in the microwave and keeps well in the fridge.You can buy it ready made and while its good, it is no substitute for the real deal. The wonton wrappers can be found in the cold section of major supermarkets. Whip up a batch, you wont be disappointed. Each banana will make about 8 moneybags.
- I pack wonton wrappers
- 3 bananas (cut into 8 slices per banana)
- Caramel sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups of oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan until it reaches 400 degrees F.
- Smear a small amount of caramel sauce over each wonton wrapper.
- Place a banana piece in the middle of the wonton wrapper and scrunch the wrapper up.
- Gently place in the oil, cooking about 3 at a time.
- Remove from oil when the wrapper is brown.
- Drain on kitchen towel and keep cooking until all the wrappers are cooked.
- Serve warm with extra caramel sauce and ice cream.
- 60 grams salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in a microwave proof jug and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir and cook for another minute.