I developed this recipe to stretch the chicken I had to feed extra visitors. It has become a favourite meal at my place. This is an easy meal that is light and delicious. Serve one crepe as entree or two crepes for a main meal.
Makes 6 crepes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500 grams chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 200 grams mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200 grams baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to pan. Add onion, garlic, cream and stock. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Ingredients – crepes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- cooking spray
Preparation – crepes
- Sift flour into a bowl. Whisk milk and eggs together in a jug. Add milk mixture to flour. Whisk until well combined.
- Spray a medium, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan. Swirl to cover base. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until light golden. Turn over and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of sauce (without chicken pieces).
- Add ¼ cup of filling in the middle of a crepe and roll up.
- Place in a flameproof, ovenproof greased dish.
- Repeat with remaining crepes and filling.
- Spoon over reserved sauce.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Cook in a 180 degree oven for 20 minutes and then place under the grill until the cheese is browned.
Serve with a salad.