This recipe is simple and very tasty. You can whip up this restaurant quality brekkie for a fraction of the cost of eating out and it’s ready in minutes. I garnished mine with Virtual Bacon Dust – a George Colombaris recipe. It has a beautiful umami flavour and definitely lifts any dish it’s sprinkled on.
Please like my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/homeinthealice/ I post recipes, decorating and gardening tips daily.
Poached eggs with coriander -lime drizzle
- 1 avocado (cut up into chunks)
- 2 slices of toast
- Coriander – lime drizzle (recipe below)
- Coriander leaves (garnish)
- 2 poached eggs (Thermomix method below)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 small long red chilli, finely chopped
- Pour oil into a microwave proof jug and heat for 15 seconds (oil should be just warm).
- Add lime zest, lime juice, chopped coriander, spring onion, and chilli to the oil.
- Place avocado chunks onto toast and make an indent in the middle for the egg.
- Place egg on top of the avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish each with some of the sauce, making sure to distribute the herbs and chilli evenly.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Thermomix Poached Eggs –
- 1800g of boiling water from the kettle (this is much quicker than boiling in TM)
- 30 grams white vinegar
- oil to spray the TM simmering basket
- 2 eggs (straight from fridge)
- Pour boiling water and vinegar into bowl.
- Spray basket with oil and then insert into bowl.
- Bring the water back to boiling, approximately 2 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Crack 2 eggs into separate containers.
- Once the Varoma temperature light is on – set timer to cook 3 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Pour eggs into the basket through the hole in the TM lid.
- Meantime, make your toast and get your plate and slotted spoon ready to remove your eggs and serve over the avocado on toast.
- If you don’t own a Thermomix make eggs using traditional methods
- If you like eggs very soft and runny cook for 2 minutes.
- Water MUST be at boiling temperature before putting the eggs in.
- You can poach 4 eggs at a time for the same amount of time. Just check if they are done to your liking. There is plenty of drizzle to make a double serving of this recipe.
Poached eggs recipe adapted from http://thermofun.com/thermofun-poached-eggs-recipe/
Coriander-Lime drizzle adapted from http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/35677/poached+eggs+with+coriander+lime+sauce+and+avocado
Virtual Bacon Dust http://catecancook.blogspot.com.au/2012_02_01_archive.html